Monday, August 20, 2012

Swim for Life Race Report

Medina Beach Park to Madison Park
2.5 miles open water
Completed in 1 hour 22 minutes

Kim, Emily, Amanda (our kayaker) and I did the Puget Sound Blood Center Swim for Life.  It is a 2.5 mile swim across Lake Washington.

The official picture(s) haven't been posted yet but here are some that Kim took before the race.  This is my third year doing the event and it was the best weather yet.  I have only swam a handful of times this year but I knew that I could make the distance.
Race start

We got interviewed by Q13 News but I am not able to find the report.  Here is another report done by KOMO News:




It was a fun swim and not a bad way to spend a Wednesday morning.  After we swam we grabbed some breakfast, showered and went to work.

Kim & I

Race start

No comments: