Friday, January 11, 2008

Greek Beaches

Last night, Shaunna and I attended the yoga class at our local 24 hour Fitness. At the end of the class we do a deep breathing technique that relaxs your mind, body and spirit (I am not sure of the proper yoga name for it). We were supposed to imagine ourselves laying on a beach with the sand sculpted perfectly underneath our bodies. Immediately my mind flashed back to the beaches in Lefkada (on the west coast of Greece) where my girlfriends I am took a weekend trip and had the entire beach to ourselves. With the white sands, the sheer cliffs and the clear blue water, my mind and spirit were tranquil. In my mind Shaunna was laying next to me, both of us relaxed and warm, with no thoughts, no worries and only the clear Ioanian Sea out before us.

No comments: