Thursday, January 6, 2011

Training Schedule All Set....Well, Kinda

With the help of Runner's World SmartCoach system, I just built out my 8 month training program for the Seattle Rock n Roll half marathon and the Lake Stevens Ironman 70.3.  Runner's World has an incredible amount of great information on their website, but their website could use some work.  So if you are willing to sort through to find the gems (much like shopping at Ross or Nordstrom Rack) it will be worth your while.

I built out a powerpoint deck, with a slide per month on what I will be doing each day, with countdowns to the actual races.  I plan on browsing the college dorm section of Target tonight to find a fun whiteboard or bulletin board to hang on my wall in my apartment.  In plain sight, my schedule, inspirational quotes and goals will be in front of me constantly, motivating me.

I purchased The Triathlete's Training Bible and Triathlete Magazine's Week by Week Training Guide and plan to go through them to build out a triathlon training program for myself.  Once I have this program built (and once I finish going through the large books), then this program will be incorporated into my running program.  As running is my greatest weakness in the multisport event, I feel like it would benefit me to focus heavily on running in my training.

Off to Target!

No comments: